UppinghamRutlandLeicestershireLE15 9TX

Plumbing and Heating Specialists in Uppingham

Phone Number: 01572 822459

Email: office@robertcliffltd.com

Landlord Safety Checks
Uppingham, Rutland, Oakham

Do you require Landlord Safety Checks  in Uppingham or Rutland? Landlord Safety Checks are essential for rental properties in the UK. If you own property that you rent out to tenants, you need to be aware of the safety requirements for the property.

A landlord in the UK is required by the law to make sure that any property available to rent assures uncompromised safety for the tenants. There are three main areas that landlords must conduct thorough checks on an annual basis; these include:

Fire safety

Gas Safety

Electrical safety

A landlord must provide Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to their tenants.

Landlord Safety Checks Oakham, Rutland

Gas Safety Check Services

Our gas safety check services are offered as part of the landlords responsibility to their tenants.

  • Gas Appliances
  • Central Heating
  • Gas Boilers

What is a gas safety check?

We, at Robert Cliff Ltd, offer this as just one of our services. We have a team of qualified gas safety engineers, with many years of experience.

Our gas safe registered engineers can call at your property and carry out a full gas safety check. They ensure a full gas safety check is conducted. All aspects of gas safety checks within a property should occur annually.

These checks include all domestic gas appliances. Whether it be a gas boiler, gas heating or gas cooker.

If you would like more information or advice on landlord gas safety checks or any of our other services, please contact our team on telephone number 01572 822459.

Landlords Responsibilities

Fire safety regulations and the responsibilities of landlords

A landlord must provide Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to their tenants. There are fixed penalties for failing to provide an EPC. Landlords must provide and make one available when required.

Fire safety regulations and the responsibilities of landlords Install an alarm that can detect the smoke on each floor of the building.

Install carbon monoxide alarms in all the rooms that contain appliances that burn solid fuel for example, wood-burning or coal fire stove. Make sure all the escape routes are easily accessible and free from obstruction.

It is the responsibility of the landlord to make sure that any furnishings and furniture including the carpets and curtains provided within the premise are safe from fire.

The landlord must provide fire alarms and extinguishers if the property is a large house in multiple occupations (HMO). The best way to ensure this is to check the PAT label that states that each item complies with fire safety regulations.

The Landlords Electricity Safety Regulations

According to the law, landlords must make sure electrical systems, including light fittings and sockets within the property, are safe.

They must also make sure that various electrical appliances already located at the rented property are documented on the tenancy, for example, lamps and cookers.

Landlords are required to carry out visual inspection of the tenancies electrical system and provide free appliance tests fixed on various items for the electricity supplied in the building.

Ensuring the property contains sufficient residual current RCD or device located at the fuse box.

Ensuring tenants are protected against dangerous electric shocks through an electric current on switch in case one accidentally comes into contact with a live section of a circuit.

They must assure the most professional inspection is conducted at the end of every five-year tenancy. It is a requirement by the law, especially if the property rented out is a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO).

The inspection results included on the Electrical Installation Condition Report helps towards the identification of whether an electrical system is safe.

Landlords Responsibilities on Gas Safety Regulations

Fuel and gas appliances need to be checked yearly by a Gas Registered Engineer.

These may include gas cookers, boilers and hobs. Get a gas safety check record copy and ensure its provided to the existing tenants within a period of 28 days of a successful check conducted.

A copy of this must also be offered to new tenants moving in.

The Energy Performance Certificate

England and Wales Energy Efficiency regulations of the year 2015 provided the minimum energy level efficiency for the rented properties in Wales and England.

To prove that a rented out property meets this, whenever issuing an agreement for the new tenancy, the landlord must present an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to the tenants.

The Energy Performance Certificate provides details on the energy performance of the property. The certificate contains information about the typical energy costs of a property and will recommend ways to reduce energy use to make the property more energy-efficient.

Uppington Heating Services

Robert Cliff Ltd provides gas safe registered services for landlords throughout Oakham, Uppington and Rutland.

If you need heating services that you can rely on ask our expert today for advice on central heating and gas appliances. We offer:

  • Boiler Installation
  • Heating Services
  • Hot Water Problems
  • Gas Boiler Repair
  • Landlord Gas Safety Checks
  • Safety Certificates

Whether you have a problem with hot water or a gas boiler, our heating engineers offer a comprehensive plumbing and heating service. 

If you are looking for Do you require Landlord Safety Checks in Uppingham or Rutland call 01572 822459 to book an appointment.